Thursday, October 23, 2008

Is That Mine?

Good people,

Shortly after I began my employment at the Happy Cappy Investment Team I ordered a label maker. Nothing fancy but it got the job done. The first thing I did once it was up and running was to label the label maker (how postmodern!). This is because traders are thieves--it's in their job description. They don't actually trade they just take take take. People take my stuff all the time: my tissues, my pens, my tape, my stapler. Someone once stole the removable pad from my mousepad-with-wristguard set up. (Did they honestly think I wouldn't notice or do they just feel entitled to anything and everything they see?)

Now, what is so frustrating about this is that I will gladly order any office supplies for them--it's in my job description. Why they feel compelled to steal things--used things, my things!--instead of waiting one day to get their very own is beyond me but they do. Especially since I very often have said item on hand. It might shock you to know that I supply the supply room with supplies. Supplies-ing ain't it?

So back to the label maker. Many months ago, like 2007 "many months ago," I lent my label maker to someone. I, of course, didn't get it back so I ordered another.

Now, I understand that sometimes you borrow something and you forget who you borrowed it from or if it's been awhile you actually think it's yours (historically, white people are especially prone to this condition) but it had "MAILROOM" on it.

Fortunately, this person finally remembered where the mailroom was and returned the label maker today...because it was broken...and this person then asked to borrow my label maker...on the grounds that this person rarely uses a label maker...so they'll return it as soon as their done.

Yeah right.

No comments:

Alas, no more.

Alas, no more.