Thursday, November 13, 2008

Seriously, You Can't Get It There Overnight!


Okay, so I'm on vacation getting ready for Iceland (Ice, Ice Baby!) but let me share a little story from a few days ago.

On my last day before vacation (Monday) my temp replacement comes in. He's very competent and more than capable of doing my job (ut-oh...fear not he's going to Ohio next week). A member of the Bother Squad comes over and asks me if I can get something via FedEx to London overnight. I tell them no...like I have so many times before. Well, one of the BS went and did some research (emphasis on some). She comes back some time later and tells me that there's something called FedEx "Next Flight" and there's two options 1:30pm and 4:30pm. It ain't cheap. It starts at something like $240.

Now, I knew sorta something like this existed even though there's no option to do this online or with the FedEx software but I didn't know the details. (Hey, the mailroom's my job not my passion.)

Long story short, they tell me they'll have something ready for Tuesday to go by Next Flight hopefully by 1:30 but possibly 4:30. I inform them that I won't be here but Temp 2.0 will handle it...that and I encouraged them to send it Monday night by FedEx International so that it will get there by Wednesday.

So what happens? The usual: shit gets unnecessarily fucked up.

It turns out the Happy Cappy Investment Team is ineligible for Next Flight because of some transportation security guidelines or something like that. You have to apply for that status.

They should've just sent the package on Monday...

No comments:

Alas, no more.

Alas, no more.